Monday, June 10, 2013

Peacock Afghan Chart



THIS PATTERN IS NOW DOWNLOADABLE ON MY NEW FACEBOOK GROUP PAGE.  YOU CAN FIND IT HERE.  JUST GO TO THE FILES TAB TO DOWNLOAD.


I had a request awhile back for a peacock afghan chart, so here is my version.

Each square on the pattern counts as a single crochet.  It has 142 stitches across and 113 rows. The gauge of the pattern totally depends on the size yarn and hook you use.  I measured my gauge for worsted weight yarn and an I hook at 4 sts and 4 rows = 1".  With this gauge the afghan would measure 35 1/2" x 28 1/4" .  If you want to make it wider or longer, I'd add turquoise stitches on either side of the pattern for width or more rows to the top and bottom of the pattern to make it longer.  I don't knit, but I think you could use this for a knitted afghan as well.  I recommend using Caron Simply Soft yarn or Lion Brand Vanna's Choice yarn.

If you are really talented (and somewhat ambidextrous) you can switch the hook to your left hand when you get to the end of the row and then crochet back the way you came like Carol Ventura does.

Here is another tutorial by Interweave that I think is easier.

If you are new to crochet charts check out my Globe Pillow Crochet Along, it has a tutorial on how to read a chart. If you would rather cross stitch the design, my Day of the Dead Banner has a tutorial on how to cross stitch on crochet.

For other tips on following a crochet chart check out my Harley Davidson Afghan post.

I realize there's no way you could crochet this afghan from this tiny picture, so if you want the chart email me at crochetparfaitpg@yahoo.com.  Let me know what format you want it in.  (Excel--editable .xlsx, Adobe .pdf or picture .png,  I recommend the .xlsx or .png files because the pdf splits it up into several pages.)

Happy Hooking!

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Day of the Dead Banner

Peacock Scarf

Shell Pattern Pillowghan

32 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! It may be beyond my current skill level, but maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unable to request pattern as yahoo says email account is invalid. Please send the pattern in pdf to oddspirit07@yahoo.com
    Thanks!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your patterns are wonderful. I have the magic pillowghan on my to do list. Could you email the chart for the pretty peacock to pefclt2002@gmail.com. many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your afghan. It is beautiful. I have been looking for one to replace the spread my mother had some 30 years ago but could not find anything close to it. I have tried many times to make one but it always turned out funny looking. Could you please email me the chart at faejah2002@yahoo.com. Thanks so much and again beautiful job.
    frankie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful and the colors are aawesome together. Not sure if I'm up to that level in crochet, but would sure like to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you would like the chart, email me at crochetparfaitpg@yahoo.com.

      Delete
  6. this is amazing! i have never attempted to read a chart but i think i would like to give this pattern a try. could you email me the chart to babbin1385@gmail.com. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to do this!! Can you please email the pattern? Misty1346@hotmail.com

    Thank you in advance!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love this pattern I love peacocks I own 4 of them if you could send this pattern to me i wold greatly appreciate it. My e-mail is tmwebb130@gmail.com. Love your work

    ReplyDelete
  9. Has anyone received a response to the pattern request? I would love to receive this pattern as well. If anyone out there has it, could someone send it to me, please? Many thanks! Send to: order@auntjeni.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love the pattern
    bettycool1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love this pattern of the peacock

    ReplyDelete
  12. need to give u may email troywells1961@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. could you send pdf of peacock afghan to jclarkrbyc@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. would love this pattern please. Alwayskath@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been trying to get the peacock and Harley Davidson pattern for over a year by e-mail with no luck. dmdow@outlook.com you do awesome graphs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like this pattern. I think a Tunisian stitch would look great. Please send me this pattern as a pdf. tnsouthpaw@hotmail.com. There was a link on hooked on crochet for your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolute beautiful. Please send me this pattern as pdf to libboat@comcast.net. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. I would love to try this. Please send PDF to ceecee1371@mail.com
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful. I would love to try this. Please send PDF to ceecee1371@mail.com
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow lovely pattern It's my country India national bird too. Love to have a PDF file. My mail ID is jayratan@gmail. Com
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow lovely pattern It's my country India national bird too. Love to have a PDF file. My mail ID is jayratan@gmail. Com
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want to give this a try. Please send Excel file to:
    jew4005@earthlink.net

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to have the pdf of this peocock afghan. My email is joniann.otto@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Please send png. To chikinlovinmama@gmail.com. would like the pattern for the harley davidson also.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Please send png. To chikinlovinmama@gmail.com. would like the pattern for the harley davidson also.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes this chart could be used in knitting as well because the
    conversion is one knit stitch = one crochet stitch I thought I would pass this tidbit on as I am bistitchual!
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would love to get yhis chart to make for a friend that likes peacocks

    ReplyDelete