Sunday, December 30, 2012

Tutorials

When I write a pattern, many times I include a stitch that I do a tutorial on.  To make it easier to just look at the tutorial for the stitch instead of having to read through the whole pattern, I have put these tutorials on separate pages.  There are several to chose from.  Here are some of the most popular ones.











Check out these tutorial pages and my other pages under the Crochet Special Stitches and Techniques heading.  It's just to the left of this post and after Popular posts on the left side of this page.  Happy Hooking!


You May Also Like:
              
                Sparkly Hostess Apron



Hello Kitty Mirror

Falling Leaves Cowl









6 comments:

  1. :) Thanks :)
    My trouble is even after 6 years of crocheting, I still get the first row too tight :( any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try using a hook 2 sizes bigger than the hook you are using for the rest of the project. Alternatively you could try using the foundation single crochet or foundation double crochet. There are several tutorials online for it right now, my favorite is at http://www.wardi.dk/2008/05/no-foundation-chain-crochet-tutorial.html.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you do charts for crochet?? I am a recent follower, and I ask because my nephew has asked me to find a pattern for an afghan he wants. I haven't looked around, have no idea where to start, but he wants one with the Harley-Davidson logo across the top half and with flames coming up from the bottom half. Sound like anything you would be able to do? Or do you have any suggestion where I should look?? Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will work on doing a chart like this and when I get it finished I'll post it on the blog. I'm always looking for inspiration, so this will be a good project for me.

      Delete
    2. Darlene,

      I just finished the Harley Davidson Afghan Chart. You can find it here

      http://crochetparfait.blogspot.com/2013/01/harley-davidson-afghan-chart.html

      Delete